Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The Month of May Whirlwind called Life......



Whew..... The month of May was a whirlwind for me. The month started with a major house cleaning that ending in having a yard sale, hosting Mother's Day for our entire family, Big "M's" 50th birthday and party to celebrate, Memorial Day and a mini vacation. Let's just say I hardly had time to catch my breath, so blogging went lacking. Sorry, I left you guys hanging in my whirlwind, but hope to do a better job in June. I promise to share Big "M's" birthday celebration real soon. It will be a full post within itself.

So here's to June. I spent the weekend working in my garden. Vegetable and flower. There's nothing more relaxing to me than throwing on my wellies, gloves and grabbing my garden tool bag and making a day of it. I pulled weeds, dead headed flowers and just freshened things up.

I have four gardens as I like to think of it in my mind...

The front yard, which is mainly shrubs, with a few flowering plants sprinkled around. I like just a hint of color in our front yard for each season. My big bang of color comes from flowering plants that I have placed in urns that are strategically placed throughout the yard.


Front Porch decked for Memorial Day and July 4th 

Flowering Urns

My back yard inside the fence, is home to mostly flowering plants. This is where I go all out with color. I stick mostly with red and white, but also have various other colors to match the season of blooming time.





Limelight Hydrangea


My back yard outside the fence, a work in progress. It's mostly flowering shrubs because the area is so large it needs big shrubs to make an impact.

Chaste Tree



And last my vegetable garden, which is three raised beds with a few pots of herbs scattered around. My favorite vegetables to plant are potatoes, tomatoes, squash, cucumbers, onions and peppers. I guess you could say just a plain southern raised garden. But it's enough to keep me and Big M with fresh veggies.

Raised Vegetable Garden

The only chickens allowed in my neighborhood - Concrete

Tomatoes


And after a full day in the gardens, I love to take it all in from our deck.


Evening snack for the Hummingbirds

The perfect lounger to view my garden


Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment