Tuesday, April 29, 2014

My Home - Guest Bedroom

Thought I would start sharing my passions with you.  First up my home - the guest bedroom.....

Since I have family and friends that live out of state a guest room is a must at my home, but it mostly gets used by my Mother.  My mother and I share the same passions for gardening and interior design, so we spend a lot of time together.  Nothing like having a blood partner in crime.  




                                              I hope my guest always have "Sweet Dreams"


I have filled my guest bedroom with things that have lots of sentimental value to me and my guest.  Like the plate on the stand in the above picture.  This is a plate from my paternal grandmother's china.  At her passing, all the grandgirls wanted her china.  So the best we could do was split it up so that we each would have a piece.  

The flower frogs are just a few of a major collection that you will see through out my home.  The bad thing is when your mother is your shopping partner, you like the same things, it's hard to fight your mom for certain items.  And she as well as a huge flower frog collection, so it's on a first come basis when we spy one.

And anytime you find yourself in the south - my guest room might be available.



"Sweet Dreams"
Jenn

3 comments:

  1. Your guest room looks so serene and cozy. I could snuggle up with a good book there! Your grandmother's china is lovely. I think sentimental objects really make a home! Have a great afternoon! Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete